Don’t miss any exciting Bayside Performance Park announcements this year!
Opening Summer 2020
Experience live music on the bay like never before
The San Diego Symphony introduces a one-of-a-kind waterfront concert venue
Music To Your Ears
Everything you love about Bayside Summer Nights + More + All Year Long
- Enjoy unforgettable concerts at Bayside Performance Park throughout the year at the West Coast's only permanent waterfront concert venue
- Terraced seating will provide all concert guests unobstructed views from every seat
- Acoustically engineered stage features a concert shell designed to make every show spectacular
Current Subscriber Exclusive!
Get to Know Bayside Performance Park
The San Diego Symphony’s highly anticipated Bayside Performance Park is officially scheduled to open for its first concerts by Summer 2020.
The new Bayside Performance Park will replace the temporary performance and event venue with permanent facilities in Embarcadero Marina Park South for the use and benefit of the community. The development of the park and venue will feature a permanent, architecturally remarkable and acoustically superior stage that will allow the Symphony to enhance its musical presentations and the visitor experience. Terraced seating will allow visitors unobstructed views from all seating locations.
A work of art in itself, the acoustically engineered stage features a concert shell designed to complement the San Diego Convention Center sails and surrounding downtown development. The stage provides a larger performance space for both the orchestra and guest artists. Additional project design components include:
- Covered stage with 13,000 square feet of performance space and ancillary back-of-house facilities
- Sunset steps and patio at the back of the performance stage for stunning views of the Bay and public use during non-event hours
- Flexible seating capacity varying from intimate seating of 2,000 up to 10,000
- Terraced seating to provide all concert guests unobstructed views from every seat
- Temporary seating that allows for lawns to be open to the public during non-event periods
- New public restrooms; lighting; extensive public park enhancements throughout Embarcadero Marina Park South; and other public amenities
- Enhanced public promenade around the venue expands to 12 feet
- Improved and new environmentally sustainable landscaping
- Sand-based synthetic turf in the main seating area and pre-event spaces, which will reduce water consumption and be more environmentally friendly
- The venue will be a park inside the park; the park will be open to the general public during non-event hours
With the upcoming development of a permanent outdoor facility, you can look forward to an enhanced concert experience in every way. Current donors and subscribers will be given priority when being seated at the new venue. Your longevity, generosity, and loyalty to the San Diego Symphony will assure you of great seats in our new and exciting Bayside Performance Park. Due to a completely new layout and venue, our ticket office will work with all subscribers to ensure comparable seating options.
Bayside Performance Park was designed by Tucker Sadler Architects and constructed by general contractor Rudolph and Sletten.
Bayside Performance Park is being made possible through generous private philanthropy. The ability to break ground and begin construction at this time is possible because of many individuals who have been inspired by what this project will mean to San Diego and the region.
Bayside Performance Park will help the park to become an important public resource as a viable site for a wider range of performances, and activate it year-round as a community gathering space and a landmark waterfront attraction.
Bayside Performance Park Seating Schematic
Media Contact for San Diego Symphony
Chief PR & Social Officer, Raindrop Marketing