Welcome to the San Diego Symphony's Auditions Page.
Our 2018-19 Season has just been announced, and we’re looking forward to many more wonderful concerts this season including Mahler's Symphony No. 4 and Puccini's Messa di Gloria. Several guest conductors, including Edo de Waart, Robert Spano, Gemma New and Cristian Măcelaru. Music Director Designate Rafael Payare will be leading the orchestra in concerts as well. Thank you for considering an audition for our orchestra.
The San Diego Symphony Orchestra announces the following vacancies:
Auditions to be held on September 26-29, 2018 at the Jacobs Music Center.
The application period for this audition will be open through August 27, 2018.
To apply, please click the application link below.
Thank you for your interest!
How to Apply for Any Current National Audition
Click here to apply for any current (non-sub) audition ›
For inquiries regarding the audition process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
(Note: audition applications are only accepted through the online form. Application must be submitted no later than 30 days before audition begins. Please do not mail any applications.)
All auditions take place at the Joan and Irwin Jacobs Music Center in downtown San Diego (750 B Street, 92101, NE corner of Seventh and B). Preliminary Auditions will be scheduled by the hour. A deposit is required to reserve an audition time. (The amount will be indicated in your confirmation letter.)
Below are two sources when looking for public domain sheet music:
The current San Diego Symphony Orchestra CBA states the following for the 2018-19 Season:
- Contract: 37 playing weeks plus 5 vacation weeks.
- Minimum scale is $72,141 plus $2,000 EMG (Electronic Media Guarantee).
- Overscale for Principals: 33.5%.
- Overscale for Associate Principals: 20%.
- Benefits include: medical and dental insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, instrument insurance and a pension plan contribution.
- Season includes: Masterworks classical, pops, film accompaniment, education and outreach and grand operas.