PARKING FOR THE SHELL
The Shell at Embarcadero Marina Park South
(200 Marina Park Way, San Diego, CA 92101)
PARKING FOR INAUGURAL SEASON CONCERTS AT THE SHELL CAN BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE FROM ACE PARKING. (The San Diego Symphony itself will no longer be selling advance parking at The Shell to the public.)
Other Transportation Options:
MTS SAN DIEGO TROLLEY
Leave your car at home! Take the Metropolitan Transit System Green Line trolley to the Convention Center stop. Cross Harbor Drive and look for the footpath found between the Convention Center and the Marriot Hotel. From there it’s just a short walk to the Embarcadero entrance. As you walk SW down the walkway and emerge on the other side, the concert site is towards your left just down the Embarcadero footpath. (The Special Event Line also stops at the Convention Center stop on Game and Special Event Days such as Comic-Con weekend.)
For those traveling from the North side of the city and county, Take the Rapid 215 and then transfer at Santa Fe Station to the Green Line Trolley. All MTS bus and trolley routes can be found at www.sdmts.com
(Please note: Green Line service past the SDSU stop is not available beyond the 10:06pm 12th & Imperial departure. Most Shell concerts end by 9:30pm, but film concerts will occasionally run longer than this.)
ARRIVING ON SITE:
- Gates open, food and beverage service begins at 5:30pm, regardless of concert start time.
- All concerts begin at 7:30pm, unless otherwise indicated on the purchase page.
- Some parking may be available for drive-up purchase in the Convention Center Complex underground lot across the Marina Park Way. Parking availability in this structure is not guaranteed.
- The Hilton Bayfront Parking Structure at Park & Harbor is another, slightly farther away pay option. (Free shuttles will run from this structure.) Parking in this structure, as always, is subject to availability, is not guaranteed and will be more expensive on Padre nights. Normal rate on Wednesday - Sunday nights without Padres will be $20. Friday and Sunday with Padres will be $25; Saturday with Padres will be $30. Note: these rates could change at any time without notice!
- Golf cart shuttle service is available for ADA patrons, if needed, to and from the concert venue entrance from nearby parking lots. A shuttle bus will be available, if needed, from the entrance to the Convention Center Complex parking.
- There are several ways to get to The Shell at Embarcadero Marina Park South besides driving. Please check our Directions page for more details!
- All parking prices and vendors are subject to change. Call the Ticket Office at 619.235.0804 with any questions.
A NOTE ON DISABLED PARKING: Limited disabled (ADA) parking is available on or near the Embarcadero Marina Park South peninsula in advance from Ace Parking. The driver of the vehicle must be displaying a valid disabled placard to access this lot with concert tickets. When these spaces become full, eligible patrons will be directed to an overflow disabled lot nearby. As required by law, there are a limited number of free disabled parking spots in the peninsula lot, but these are often occupied by users of the public park and fishing pier on the Embarcadero.
Parking prices and details are subject to change and based on availability.
WATERFRONT SUMMER SHUTTLE
The Waterfront Summer Shuttle Service is provided by the Port of San Diego and managed by Ace Parking to connect visitors of San Diego Bay with the waterfront and its businesses and attractions, including concerts at The Shell. The shuttle runs on a loop (approximately every 20 minutes) from the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina on Harbor Island to Harbor Drive Bridge, just south of the San Diego Convention Center, with several stops in between along the Embarcadero. Riders can hop on and off the shuttle all day long for an unlimited number of rides per day, with one $3 ticket. The shuttle runs daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. during the summer season. The July 4th Shuttle will operate from 10 a.m. through Midnight. Cost is just $3 per person for all day pass! CLICK HERE for the shuttle map.