| || || ||1||2||3||4|
CLICK HERE to read a recent U-T San Diego feature about our five newest Symphony members!
New 3rd trumpet Ray Nowak is congratulated backstage after his first official concert as a Symphony member by Music Director Jahja Ling.
SAN DIEGO SYMPHONY - UPCOMING AUDITIONS
"Welcome to the San Diego Symphony's Auditions page. We recently completed our 100th Anniversary season, and I'm very proud to say that our San Diego Symphony has attained Tier 1 (major orchestra) status with the League of American Orchestras. Thank you for considering an audition with our orchestra as we continue our next 100 years."
- Music Director Jahja Ling
Jahja Ling (Music Director) and the San Diego Symphony announce the following vacancies:
ASSOCIATE PRINCIPAL VIOLIN II AND SECTION VIOLIN
AUDITION DATES: APRIL 29-30, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR AUDITION WINNERS:
Mei-Ching Huang (Associate Principal Violin II)
Wesley Precourt (Section Violin)
All auditions take place at Copley Symphony Hall. Prelims will be scheduled by the hour. (Note: Librarian auditions will simply be scheduled interviews.)
The current San Diego Symphony Orchestra CBA states the following:
- Contract: 37 weeks plus 1 week Education and Outreach, plus 4 weeks vacation. Total: 42 weeks.
- Minimum scale is $59,724 plus $2,000 EMG (Electronic Media Guarantee).
- Overscale for Principals: 33.5%.
- Overscale for Associate Principals: 20%.
- Benefits include: medical and dental insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a pension plan contribution.
- Season includes: Masterworks classical, pops, education and outreach, and grand operas.