A Message from Music Director Jahja Ling
Welcome to the San Diego Symphony's Auditions page. Our 2016-17 Season is now under way, and we’re looking forward to many more wonderful concerts this season including Mahler's Symphony No. 3 and Bruckner's Symphony No 8. Several guest conductors, including Edo de Waart, Lahav Shani, Peter Oundjian and Charles Dutoit, will be leading the orchestra in concerts as well. Thank you for considering an audition for our orchestra.
There are no announced auditions at this time.
How to Apply for Any Current Audition
Click here to apply for any current (non-sub) audition ›
For inquiries regarding the audition process, please email:
(Note: audition applications are only accepted through the online form. Application must be submitted no later than 30 days before audition begins. Please do not mail any applications.)
All auditions take place at the Joan and Irwin Jacobs Music Center in downtown San Diego (750 B Street, 92101, NE corner of Seventh and B). Prelims will be scheduled by the hour. A deposit is required to reserve an audition time. (The amount will be indicated in your confirmation letter.)
Below are two sources when looking for public domain sheet music:
The current San Diego Symphony Orchestra CBA states the following:
- Contract: 37 playing weeks plus 4 vacation weeks, plus 6 services of Education and Outreach.
- Minimum scale is $67,595 plus $2,000 EMG (Electronic Media Guarantee).
- Overscale for Principals: 33.5%.
- Overscale for Associate Principals: 20%.
- Benefits include: medical and dental insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, instrument insurance and a pension plan contribution.
- Season includes: Masterworks classical, pops, education and outreach and grand operas.
Congratulations to Our Recent Audition Winners!
Zou Yu, Associate Principal Second Violin
Hanah Stuart, Section Violin