Jahja Ling, Music Director
I am proud to present the San Diego Symphony Orchestra’s 105th season and my 12th season as its music director. These extremely dedicated and talented musicians create music consistently at the highest level, whatever the style or period. I’m proud that it has developed into an ensemble representing the virtuosity of the finest American orchestras with the maturity and warmth of Europe’s most venerable orchestras. I invite you to a thrilling season of familiar classics as well as works never before performed by the orchestra. You won’t want to miss a moment of this special season. Please join us by subscribing today!
2015-16 Season Highlights
- Jahja Ling conducts Berlioz’s epic Te Deum—NEW
- Internationally-acclaimed guest soloists
- Nine guest conductors—NEW
- Premieres and commissioned works
- Upright & Grand, a four-week Piano Festival—NEW
- Collaborations with cultural partners
- Notable composer anniversaries
- Beyond The Score®—NEW
- In October 2015 the San Diego Union-Tribune interviewed San Diego Symphony CEO Martha Gilmer about some of the program highlights of the 2015-16 Jacobs Masterworks season. (Click Here for press version!)
- In March 2015 the San Diego Union-Tribune featured a guest conductor preview with San Diego Symphony CEO Martha Gilmer.
- Read San Diego Symphony's official detailed press release about the 2015-16 Jacobs Masterworks season.
- In their October 2015 issue, Performances magazine highlights Jahja Ling's rewarding years in San Diego as well as Martha Gilmer's anticipation of this season's many and diverse guest conductors.