Welcome to the San Diego Symphony's Auditions Page.
Our 2018-19 Season is now under way, and we’re looking forward to many more wonderful concerts this season including Mahler's Symphony No. 4 and Puccini's Messa di Gloria. Several guest conductors, including Edo de Waart, Robert Spano, Gemma New and Cristian Măcelaru. Music Director Designate Rafael Payare has recently led the orchestra in concerts as well, and he begins his term as Music Director on July 1. Thank you for considering an audition for our orchestra.
The San Diego Symphony Orchestra has no announced upcoming auditions at this time.
How to Apply for Any Current National Audition
For inquiries regarding the audition process, please email: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
(Note: national audition applications are only accepted through the online form, which is active during valid acceptance periods. Applications must be received by the published application deadline. Please do not mail any applications.)
All auditions take place at the Joan and Irwin Jacobs Music Center in downtown San Diego (750 B Street, 92101, NE corner of Seventh and B). Preliminary Auditions will be scheduled by the hour. A deposit is required to reserve an audition time. (The amount will be indicated in your confirmation letter.)
Below are two sources when looking for public domain sheet music:
The current San Diego Symphony Orchestra CBA states the following for the 2018-19 Season:
- Contract: 37 playing weeks plus 5 vacation weeks.
- Minimum scale is $72,141 plus $2,000 EMG (Electronic Media Guarantee).
- Overscale for Principals: 33.5%.
- Overscale for Associate Principals: 20%.
- Benefits include: medical and dental insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, instrument insurance and a pension plan contribution.
- Season includes: Masterworks classical, pops, films, education/outreach and operas.